Sunday, August 18, 2013

Oh the adventures...


I don't know where to start, so many things are going through my head and have happened since I last wrote. I have traveled to Ireland and Scotland. Which I loved! Scotland more than Ireland, I'm not a city girl so the country side of Scotland had me from the beginning. We went to Hillsong London, which is one thing I want to talk about. I was so upset by it. I guess it's my fault for having such high expectations, but I was so upset after I left. Worship was like a concert nothing really intimate between you and God. The sermon was what really upset me. I am use to a sermon that is packed with scripture and so full of truth, but with this the guest pastor read 2 verses and then told so many stories. Then when it was time for the invitation it was just raise your hand and repeat this prayer and your saved. That's not the whole story people, you are leaving such an important part out! Some Christians are going to get to heaven and God's is going to say to them I do not know you. We have to tell the whole story about how God loves us no matter what. He doesn't just pick and choose what parts of us He will save and love. His love is so overwhelming and is a love our human minds will never understand. A love that everyone deserves to know about. It's time we stop just telling the good parts and actually do what we are called to do and tell the whole story. God will do the rest. We can't save the people only God can. He just uses us. My cry in all of this is for the people who are just telling them the good part, STOP! You aren't helping them, tell them the whole part and believe that God can still and will save them! Sorry for the rant but it's something so important. It's not life and death, it's eternity! 

Other things I want to talk about is my foot, school, and the many lessons that I have learned through these 2 experiences. Oh me and my stupid foot... Who would have that I would come all the way to England, start enjoying working out and then proceed to break my foot in the midst. So many things I never thought would happen and the biggest being that I would enjoy working out! I have learned many lessons through not having my foot. The biggest would be that I am stubborn and will not ask for help or speak what I am feeling. Well things have changed. It has been a tough moment but I have some awesome roommates and school mates that have helped in times that I have really needed it. We are here, as Christians, to help each other in times of need. That's why God created us. To help each other, to lean on each, and to learn from each other. This process has shown me the love of our father through these girls and guys. They are truly a blessing in my life and I could never find the words to truly thank them. 

Classes have been great! Some weeks are harder than others, but I keep reminding myself God brought me to this place for a reason and from what I can see it is to change, stretch and prepare me for the mission field. One of the biggest lessons I have learned is that I am an extrovert! Who would have thought. Not me that's for sure! But as I look back on my life I can see where moments in my life have started to shape that into my mind. As I kept getting shut down one way or the other I started to believe the lies of how God made me. I may be quiet but I have an outgoing spirit and I will not let lies determine how I look at myself anymore. God made me this way for a reason and I will stand in His truth from now on. The other one is being able to lay my future husband at God's feet. For so long that has been the main focus in my life. I need to be ok with what God has in store for me. His plan for my life is so much more than I could ever imagine. So I am going to rest in that truth and submit every part of my life to Him. 

I hope y'all are having a wonderful August and just want to say thank you for all the prayer and support. It means the world to me. Love y'all!

Hannah

No comments: